I am starting to get a little concerned. The temperature today was bordering on hot. It was the warmest day since I have been here and had I needed to do anything more physical than walk it would have been easy to do some serious sweating. This would not be cause for concern in normal circumstances, but there is precious little that is normal about my circumstances.
I have known that this could become an issue for several weeks and I have been looking diligently for the solution. I am starting to think that the solution to my simple problem is not to be found in my city. If it is located here someone will have to show it to me because I cannot find it on my own.
There are two schools of thought when it comes to packing. 1. Pack everything that one could possibly need for the next ten years plus a few items just for the sake of having them. 2. Pack only that which is absolutely necessary and pick up the rest when you get where you are going.
I personally subscribe to school of thought number 2. The one major drawback to this line of thinking is if one cannot find something that one needs. The item I can’t seem to locate is deodorant. At this point, the temperatures are rising and the deodorant supply is reaching critical levels. Rationing has begun. One swipe per pit no exceptions. Rationing should buy me a couple more weeks. The search will continue and intensify as will the smells if the item can’t be acquired.
? of the day for a springtime fresh breath of fresh air, what supplies have you had to ration?
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
Chapstick and Mountain Dew in the middle of know where, MT. Saying that I am addicted to both is an understatement. Migraines and chapped lips are 2 of the most horrible things ever.
When I was on the field, someone mailed me a six-pack of Dr. Pepper. It cost nearly $50 to mail and then I had to pay almost that much to get it out of customs! I rationed it like it was gold! Drank one right away, had one to celebrate the birth of my niece and another to celebrate the birth of another niece. Saved the other three for my birthday, the Auburn/Bama game and Thanksgiving.
Another time someone brought me a few Chick-Fil-A sandwiches from home. I froze the meat and had one on days I was most homesick.
Lifting you and your pits up daily!
The good thing is - if you can't find it to buy then noone else probably can either - so you will all smell the same!!
Nothing yet because I subscribe to the former school of thought on packing. I have plenty of everything for the duration ....
We subscribed to the former, but we're still rationing the dark chocolate chips. --J
I'm definitely with you on the second line of thought..luckily, though, I think I will be able to find most things..I just have to pay a little more.
Jolly Rancher sour chewy candies..not so good at the rationing, though..two months in and one bag down out of two. :(
Post a Comment