I had a bad feeling Thursday afternoon when I was startled by the deafening sound of an Asian man singing. I mistakenly assumed that a neighbor had found a song they liked and was playing it as loud as it would go. The song ended and peace and quiet was restored. Friday afternoon as I was returning from wherever I had been I noticed music being played at high volume from at least half a mile before I got to campus. As it continued I noticed a new attachment to my building, a really big speaker. The music soon stopped, but the bad feeling intensified. Saturday, on and off all day songs would blare as if someone was testing a new sound system, the bad feeling reached crescendo. Sunday, there was nothing.
My bad feeling was that the 6:30 a.m. “morning exercise” that is played on the speakers that are attached to the building where I have classes would now be played on the new speakers attached to my building as well. The building I have class in is at least a ¼ of a mile away but the “morning exercise” is plenty loud enough to wake me up.
Waking up is generally an unpleasant experience for most, but imagine it to a screaming Asian yelling about who knows what. I guess I should explain “morning exercise”. From what I gather it is a wakeup call followed by announcements, the national anthem, instructions, and actual exercise directions. My general pattern to combat the annoyance is to wake up before it begins turn on my music and shower while the majority of the noise pollution is going on. This maneuver is what I refer to as my brainwash avoidance routine.
Back to the bad feeling, I could not have been more correct. The new loud speaker was in full volume this morning blasting out the “morning exercise”. As an added bonus today at lunchtime there was mid-day entertainment. Music followed by some lady talking followed my more music followed by more talking followed by more music followed by…….. You get the idea. 45 minutes later peace and quiet was restored. I am afraid to imagine what this evening holds in store, but if it is more noise pollution this could very well be the evening I get deported for cutting a speaker wire.
? of the day for a donkey ride out of the country, what song should I play if I decide to take over the sound system?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
Silent Night then Rock a Bye Baby.
Put everybody to sleep.
MOM
P.S. Hurry and get that ring!
It can always be removed if needed.
Sweet Home Alabama!
Your mom is precious! :)
I think you should blast the slowest, twang-iest country music you can think of. Maybe Randy Travis "Diggin' up bones" or George Jones "He Stopped Loving Her Today" -Lifting you and your poor ear drums up daily!
I have to agree with Sweet Home Alabama even though I'm not a fan. Maybe even something hypnotic. I've got it - whitsling! Now that could be a mess! :-) LOL! Toby
I nominate Toby's comment for a Ricey, only he would think of that!
Love you Toby. MOM
This may be a duplicate...I hit the wrong button while ago.
How 'bout the old song "This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends..." Although, this would probably drive you crazier than anyone else, since most of them probably wouldn't know what they were saying.
Malinda
I love you too Mom. :-) Toby
Post a Comment