Today was the first opportunity I have had in several weeks to just do whatever I felt moved to do. I watched some of the NCAA tournament and then decided it was time to make my apartment a little more functional. The kitchen is very small and now that I have a good supply of utensils I needed a place to put them. I also decided to hang some maps on the wall since I now have some amazing double sided tape that could probably safely attach a small child to the wall without worry. I made a spice rack out of a box and installed a hook that keeps my kitchen power strip off the floor. I turned my spare bed into a headboard for the bed I use, a shoe rack, and a laundry shelf. I also hung two dart boards that I got for my birthday. My house is officially dart tournament ready. The basketball goal has been up for a couple of weeks, but since we are on the theme of home improvement I decided to show a picture of it too. Some of the more practical things in the pictures are clothes pins attached to the wall with double sided tape clearing tons of counter space. A chopstick jammed into a hole in the wall with twist ties holding wooden spoons and a cheese grater. Finally clothes line stretched over the sink holding dish towels and kitchen utensils. The Kitchen utensils are hanging on s-hooks made from short pieces of clothes line.
? of the day for a cardboard box with limitless potential, what is your most frugal home improvement project?







3 comments:
Your ability to make something out of nothing is paying off! I never knew clothes line could be use in so many ways, surely you must be about out!
MOM
Honestly, Heath. Could your Father have designed you any more perfectly for this adventure? It's like He had a plan or something! -Lifting you and your bizarre talents up daily!
Finding a pile of cutdown bamboo by the curb and planting it in our barren yard to give it some color. --J
Post a Comment