I was running low on completely sliced wheat bread, so I ventured out this afternoon to remedy that situation. About half way to the bread store I looked over my shoulder and saw a rain cloud topping the mountain. I figured I might as well continue and hope for the best.
I got to the bread store and made my purchase which included some peanut brittle that is excellent by the way and headed for home. It looked like I the rain was going to miss us, but people were scurrying everywhere for shelter. I figured they knew better than I how the weather works, so I picked up my pace as well. I made it about 20 yards from the grocery store where I had planned to stop by and get some supper before the rain started coming down. I made it inside fairly dry.
While inside I decided that rainy season is here to stay and I had just as well go ahead and purchase an umbrella. Unfortunately I now know that umbrellas are not made in Asia with the man in mind. Every umbrella in the store, and there were many, was like a giant doily on a stick. There were lacy ones, flowery ones, lots of pink ones, sweet little animal ones, but no manly ones. I found the least girly one I could find and made my purchase. In the picture you can't really tell, but it is dark pink with white polka dots.
On the walk home I took notice of umbrellas for the first time since arriving here. I did not see one that did not look like it had been thrown up on by Martha Stewart.
? of the day for a walk in the rain, do you jump in puddles or go around them?







8 comments:
Abby will be so proud of your choice of color. Laney, on the other hand, will wonder why you didn't choose purple! I bet it is nice to see rain after being without it for so long. Good luck getting your clothes dry on your
e.f.d.s.....or whatever.
MOM
I'm an old fuddy duddy.... I go around them. My son Kaleb loves to jump in them though, I have to watch him closely when it is raining or he will be soaked.
Malinda
I pretty much walk around the mud puddles - Abby and Laney on the other hand run right through them.
I am a little surprised by the pink umbrella, I would have thought you would have gone without before using a pink one.
I walk around them...I don't like my shoes/feet to be wet. Ethan on the other hand JUMPS in them. In fact on Friday as we were walking through the parking lot from the mall to our car he jumped in a huge one and splashed it all over me...we were both soaked. Phil was far enough away that he did not get wet...just laughed at us...I guess it was kind of funny!
I remember a phrase "Real Men Show Heifers" but never "Real Men Carry Pink Umbrellas". For those of you who don't know, Heta is an professional cattle shower also - many a day being drug around a pasture when trying to break heifers to show. Those were the days. :-) Maybe I'll get your address and send you a compact umbrella - maybe with a heifer on it? LOL! Toby
Go around, Jesse was walking in them today though, and we didn't even have rain.
Toby get with me,you can send with us or we can give you some address labels ...
Oh such memories of "flying " real men. Recon y'all could still do that? MOM
I have no desire to be drug around a pasture again. LOL! Although you could tie them to a fence post if you got tired - you can't do that with people (or not legally). LOL! Toby
Post a Comment