What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Key To A Good Education

Here is a new one. I started language classes officially yesterday. I was the last one to arrive because I had not been shown which room classes were in and the teacher was there along with two of the other students. I was walking with the other student who was showing me where the classroom is.

Today I was the first one there besides the teacher who was standing outside the classroom. She looked at me in a way that made me think I was missing something. About 20 seconds later the first of the other students arrived. He went straight to the door took out a key and unlocked it.

The last guy to arrive who lives with the other two gave me his key and said he would get another one made from one of his roommates.

I find it somewhat strange that students are given keys and teachers are not. I am not sure if this is protocol for all classes or just the foreigners. Anyway, I now have my third key. I have a key to my apartment, one to my mailbox, and now one to my classroom.

I hope I do not continue to accumulate keys. Back home I had far too many and leg jabbings were common place. This new key is the largest on my key ring and looks as if it has potential to make its mark on my leg. At least there are only 3 total a few more and I will once again jingle when I walk.

? of the day for permission to discard old keys, how many keys on your key ring are to items you no longer have or have no idea what they go in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we moved into our house we were give a keyring full of keys. We also found out that every wardrobe, and drawer has a key. We were told that when we move out we need to return all of the keys. The more keys you have the better. There are about 20 keys on the house keychain alone. The funny thing is we only have one key to the front door so we have to share. The keys to the 3 wardrobes and 2 drawers on each have a different key. We just leave those in the wardrobe. There is also a key to the mailbox. We had to ask for that one after a bill got put inside for several days. We also have 3 keys to the truck, one to drive, one for the cab, and one for the gate on back. So yes we have alot of keys.
Have a great evening
-Ann

Bobbie said...

I am proud to say that I do not have any, nope not one key on my key ring that does not actually work in a door in my home or my car!