What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Surprise Surprise I Can See It In Your Eyes

You just never know what the day will hold. This morning as I got out of bed I played through in my head all the tasks that I needed to accomplish before Friday night. It was quite a list and I wondered how I would get it all done. Since classes start later on Thursday I decided to tackle one language assignment before class. I got as far as I could and then went to class where my first surprise of the day awaited me. We had to do a different lesson than the one that I had prepared. No big deal but it was just one of many surprises for the day.

After class I went to lunch with three friends. We were pleasantly surprised to find a new restaurant that had some fantastic food that was pretty close to food we would prepare for ourselves back home.

Surprise three came as I was waiting for our food to arrive. I got a call asking for my assistance in administering vaccinations to a two month old baby. I have given shots to livestock, so that makes me one of the most qualified people around. Fortunately all I had to do was hold the little rug rat down.

After helping with shots, I took a trip out of town to gather up supplies for a weekend project that would really be aided by some early in the season rain. It is dry season here and rain is not really expected for another month. On the way home from this trip which was surprisingly quick and efficient I decided to go in and see what the remodeled bakery was like. Two days before the bakery was remodeled, I purchased some goodies there and they were by far the best I have had here. The next time I walked by it was gutted and my hopes of tasty treats were thwarted. Fortunately it is now reopened and today was the first opportunity I have had to check out the new and improved bakery. What I found almost made me fall over. Wheat bread and it was sliced all the way through. It looked good and felt soft so I got some. I also found what I think is real milk in a jar. I will have to investigate this further. I did not take the time to see for sure.

I left the bakery and walked the rest of the way home. Just as I got to campus another surprise was coming my way. Just beyond the big Mountain that is behind campus I heard rumbling. If I had not known better I would have said it was thunder. Around 20 steps later I saw the cloud roll over the top of the mountain. I could see trees in the distance blowing like crazy. I got to my apartment just in time to go on the balcony and watch an unusually early rain fall on the city as I enjoyed two pieces of wheat bread that tasted as good as it looked.

? of the day for what is left of my last loaf of tough strange tasting almost sliced bread, if you were in charge of the daily question, what would you ask?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What in the world would you have done if you had had to do more than hold the child? MOM

Karen said...

Yay! You found sliced bread. I'm happy for you. As for the question - I have no idea...I wondered the other day how you have been able to come up with so many...

Toby and Beverly said...

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten on bread/toast???

Enjoy your new found bread! Toby

Anonymous said...

What's the best surprise you ever had? Or maybe what's the worst? No, let's be positive. Definitely. What's the best? -LYandallyoursuprisesUD!

Hannah said...

If you could enlarge any animal so that it was big enough for you to ride, what animal would it be?

Beautiful Feet in Asia or Elsewhere said...

Ahh the first rain of the season. How sweet it is. Almost felt like home!