What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 6, 2009

W H M E T Part IV (Return of the Luggage People)

Last time on We Have Much Experienced Turbulence: Heath checked in with three strangers, sirens, flashing red lights, and airport security swarm. He then distances himself from the strangers as he made it through customs.

Back to the live commentary. 1 hour to take off.

- NEVER talk to people in the airport. I am still shaking.
- The guy who translated the ordeal just introduced himself to me. I explained the whole thing to him. I got his name and contact information in case there is more excitement later. Cover story foundation laid.
- 50 min. to take off.
- My luggage acquaintances are still not through the line.
- Now that the excitement is over (I hope) it is really getting cool in here.
- This waiting area is the home of tons of overpriced trinket shops.
- 35 min to take off
- I wonder if…….time to board I will finish this though on the plane.
- I wonder if Wilton, Carl, and Andrew got where they were going.
- Oh, my! Guess who is occupying the three seats directly across the aisle from me. It is the luggage people.
- The authorities will never believe we just met now.
- They seem like nice people. If they are not………
- 4 seats in a row. This is nuts.
- 20 min to take off
- The plane has a great heater. I will be sweating soon.
- They must really like fruit. Orange offering/picturing taking/beating stick smuggling lady just offered me a strawberry and a place to stay in the city of our next airport until morning. I passed on both.
- I hope this plane ride is smoother than the last one.
- More picture taking.
- The three strangest people I observe in 6 hours of killing time and they are all together, and I am sitting next to them. This is Nuts.
- 15 min to take off
- The seat to my left is unoccupied.
- Orange offering/picturing taking/beating stick smuggling lady is giving me advice on places to visit on my vacation. Her name is Ampira. I just asked. Got tired of writing Orange offering/picturing taking/beating stick smuggling lady.
- Stewardesses are starting to close the overhead compartments.
- Airplane safety video just started. I have located my emergency exits.
- Luggage family is practicing saying Heath
- Ampira says I am supposed to try Papaya Salad and Tomyumkung while on vacation.
- More pictures
- I can inflate my life preserver manually if it does not inflate on its own.
- Airplane safety instructions are more fun in a foreign language.
- 6 min to take off.

Next time on We Have Much Experienced Turbulence: removal of sharp objects before exiting on emergency inflatable ramps, a pre-organ harvest drugging or a harmless piece of candy, and more turbulence.

Todays question. For the possible avoidance of indigestion. Does anyone know what Tomyumkung is? I have no idea.

2 comments:

Karen said...

You should write screenplays. This is too funny. I do understand though. I tend to attract the crazy people on planes(and screaming children).

I have no idea what tomyumkung is, but when you find out let us know.

Toby and Beverly said...

This was taken directly from a website. I'd try it. LOL! :-) Toby

Probably one of the most famous Thai dishes around the world is the one called tom yum kung. In English, it is sometimes called Hot and Sour Shrimp Soup or Lemongrass and Shrimp Soup. I took the above photograph at Pornsiri Kitchen in Samut Prakan this afternoon. This version has shrimp, but you could also cook it with chicken if you like. The basic ingredients are all the same. Shrimp, straw mushrooms, lightly crushed hot red chilis, sliced galangal, lemongrass stems, torn kaffir lime leaves, coriander, and seasoned with fish sauce, sugar and some lime juice. Use chicken stock to make up the soup. It is very quick and easy to make. In the supermarkets in Thailand, you can buy the starter kit with most ingredients for only about 8 baht!