What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 27, 2009

Always Time For A Parade

This was without a doubt the busiest day I have had so far. I had to track down parts for an electrical project, assemble, and test. It worked as planned. I am in the process of designing a sanitary poultry watering system which is currently drying and awaiting further testing. I picked up a package that turned out not to be mine at the post office, ate lunch did language lessons, got instructions on how to pay tuition, bought almost sliced bread, stocked up on fruit, returned home, fixed supper, and met some friends to study language some more, and delivered the package I picked up to its owner.

This may or may not sound like a lot, but mix in the language barrier and everything take at least twice as long and is at least 3 time as tiring. Somewhere in all of this, I stumbled across a mini-parade. I am not sure what was going on, but about 15 old ladies dressed in matching green outfits with red baseball caps and one young man in a three piece suit were marching down the street beating small drums and carrying a giant banner.

I stopped and watched the parade for a few minutes. I then started to watch everyone else. Of all of the people on the street (and there were hundreds of people on the street) I was the only person paying the slightest bit of attention to the old ladies in green throwing the parade.

I am no expert on Asian culture, but I have discovered that there is one immutable truth in my town. If you want to see something unusual just find an old Asian lady watch and wait. You will invariably see one carrying a load of wood that weighs 3 times as much as she does, carrying a child that is bigger than she is, riding a motorcycle, getting stuffed in a trunk, yelling at someone, hitting someone with a broom, marching in a parade, etc.

Later in the day, the parade ladies were gathered in front of the store where I purchase bread. They were sitting around laughing and making more noise than old ladies should make in public.
Old Asian Ladies Old Asian Ladies wearing red and green
Old Asian Ladies Old Asian Ladies demanding to be seen
Old Asian Ladies Old Asian Ladies beating a drum
Old Asian Ladies Old Asian Ladies my town has some
Old Asian Ladies Old Asian Ladies yelling really loud
Old Asian Ladies Old Asian Ladies drawing a crowd

? of the day for the opportunity to be published on this blog, what causes you to wax poetic and post the results of said waxing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A poet I'm not,
but a poet I've got.
MOM

Anonymous said...

Just had an afterthought...don't be too hard on the "old" ladies. That sounds just like something my Sister Chicks and I would do if we had a chance. Can't you picture us in their place? MOM

Anonymous said...

Rhymes are for clowin'
So you and your buddies won't be frownin'

They're easy to write, So you're not disheveled
And easy to read, For those at a lower level.

So when my mind starts runnin', and rhymes begin to flow
I hit up the keyboard so all people may know.

Being poetic ain't something easy,
In fact, most of the lines come out as cheesy

But I hoped,when you read this, you gave a smile
Because that makes all my rhymin' worth while.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I worked really hard on that... You should def. use. it. :)

Lee said...

the situation has now progressed (regressed?) to such that i put off reading on here till i have a good ten minutes (hopefully with roommates absent) and *then* catch up on the posts. i also wish orientation had skip-session-and-let-the-RiceMaster-summarise options.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that DailyRenewed could rap.