What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 19, 2009

50 Days

In honor of my 50th day since I left home I thought I would celebrate with a cheesy best of blog. So here are some highlights of the first 50 days.

- I had a much needed shower curtain in my luggage.
- I found a fellow Auburn Graduate within 48 hours of arrival.
- I tripped over the threshold of my building every time I entered the first 3 days.
- Street dogs keep a low profile here.
- 100,000 people got a bird’s eye view of my underpants
- I realized the popularity of all things orange.
- I ate a twinkee with beef on it.
- I ate some food that was incredibly spicy and only had two tiny cups of liquid to cool my mouth.
- We almost ran over a duck farm.
- I ate a mouth full of dirt.
- I drank hot milk from a bag.
- I fought numerous battles with the white whale (washing machine)
- Adjusted to sleeping on a hard bed and sitting on a hard couch.
- Lost and relocated my ATM card.
- I ate Ham in a poundcake.
- Dined on fish head and duck.
- Discovered Happy Monkey Milk Candy
- Rang in the oriental new year .
- Took a trip.
- Caused an airport incident
- Got Giardia.
- Recovered from Giardia.
- Purchased some crackers.
- Refrained from whisteling.
- Sampled Seaweed flavored chips.
- Realized I am of above average height.
- and almost choked on Tapioca balls.

All in all I would say it has been a pretty eventful first 50 days. Tune in tomorrow for the Ricey Awards. Awards for the best or first answers to the ?’s of the day will be handed out. Check in to see if you are a winner. Comments will be accepted until I type up tomorrow’s blog so get your entries in now.

? of the day for a life time supply of turtle wax, have you ever won a major award?

*award winners are subject to the terms and conditions set by yours truly. Lifetime supplies are based on the life span of a mayfly. All other awards must be collected in person within 24 hours of their announcement or they will revert back to the ownership of yours truly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...that's all I can say!

Karen said...

Awards I am most proud of - won during STEP Tour - Greece 2003

> Best Suitcase

> Least Likely to be Arrested

> Least Likely to Die of Food Poisoning

jacobh24 said...

I am a 3-time "Student of the Week" given by the Clay Times-Journal, the king of all small town newspapers.

It's sad my biggest honors were given in the 3rd through 5th grades. It's really been downhill since then, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

There has to be an award for being
the mother of an up and coming author don't you think???
If not make one.
MOM

Anonymous said...

I was valedictorian of my high school class. I consider that major. ...until you realize there were only 7 other people to beat out!

The Ricey Award for making lemonade out of lemons goes to HeTa for boldy trying new foods, washing machines, beds, showers, intestinal bugs and languages with minimal whining. Chug a big swig of that freshly squeezed delight and know you are being lifted up daily!