Let me take this opportunity to give an update on my quest to tame the White Whale. I thought I had done it. I hit on a random setting that seemed to work every time. That is until last week. Two of the last three loads have stopped mid wash for no apparent reason. So the drama continues. Yesterday was the exception to the last 2 out of 3 loads and everything was fine with the washing.
The problem came in the drying process. About half a mile into my daily walk to language lessons, the wind got ridiculous. I thought to myself that all of my clothes that were hanging on my two line environmentally friendly drying system would surely be scattered all over campus if this continued, but it was too late to turn around so I pressed on.
The wind continued to blow, and even increased during the lesson. On my return home, one of the streets that I walked down had their signs torn off. I assume the wind did it as they were hanging in a rather discombobulated fashion.
I got back to campus and immediately spotted my red T-shirt on the ground, but I had the water delivery guy with me so I could not make the detour to retrieve it. Just as we turned the corner to my dorm, the entire clothesline on top of my building came down. I have not yet gone to the top of the building, but apparently there is access for anyone to hang their wet stuff. Since I have my own 2 line environmentally friendly clothes drying system I have not bothered to go up there. There were sheets, clothes, towels, and wire flying everywhere.
As I saw this I just figured my clothes were probably in another country by now so I got all my water inside and then stepped onto the balcony to see if there were any clothes still attached to my 2 line environmentally friendly clothes drying system. About half of my clothes were still on the 2 line environmentally friendly clothes drying system. The other half with the exception of my red t-shirt were in the floor of my balcony.
I tracked down my red t- shirt and kicked myself for not bringing my camera as a video of tiny Asian women scrambling to chase down assorted laundry while trying to protect their fancy hairdos from the wind would have been worthy of posting.
? of the day for directions on a free hairdo, have you ever had an adventure with an environmentally friendly clothes drying system?
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Yes. My adventure was not as entertaining, but my parent's puppy has a penchant for retrieving my, um, undergarments from their environmentally friendly drying system, so sometimes we find him tangled up in them. Not cool.
Yes. I love environmentally friendly drying systems and use them as much as possible, however, last year the ants decided to invade. I don't know about the environment, but it's not very time friendly to wash the same clothes twice (and still have to destroy a few straggling ants afterward)
Well, when we were kids my brother and I would ride our bikes through people's back yards. One day on an aventure with about 5 other kids we passed said environmentally friendly drying system, knowing my brother would not be paying attention, I look back and yell, watch out for that clothesline...only to see my brother hit it and fall back off of his bike. With only about 3 or 4 stiches to his eyebrow, he was fine...and has since recovered nicely other than a slight scar! Of course yours is much safer being on your balcony and all...hopefully you will never need stiches from your drying system!
Once upon a time many years ago...
I was learning to drive and I was practicing in our back yard. I was backing up and wrapped the driver's side fender around the environmentally friendly clothes drying system post. Believe it or not I didn't even get in trouble. My dad told me if he had told me not too be driving in the yard and I had done it then I would have been in trouble. As long as we drove that old Dodge it had the imprint of the e.f.c.d.s. post in it's fender. MOM
Post a Comment