Friday night after supper some friends and I went out to get ice cream at the local convenience store. While enjoying our frozen treats we were looking at the potato chip rack and discussing our favorite flavors. I had only tried one flavor of this particular kind of chip and was astounded to see the various flavors cucumber, creame corn, vegetable, but the one that stood out and must be tried is the seaweed flavor. I picked up a bag today and as I wait for my supper to cook tonight, I am about to open up the bag and snack. What is about to be written up are my reactions to eating of a bag of seaweed flavored chips.
Observations:
1. The bag is incredibly hard to open it will require a knife.
2. The bag is open.
3. I expected chips with a greenish tint, but they are brown with dark green specks.
4. They look like overcooked ruffles sprinkled with coarsely ground black pepper.
5. They are quite salty
6. I can’t decide what I think about them
7. They kind of taste like shrimp.
8. I think I like them.
9. Yes, they definitely have a shrimpy flavor.
10. I have eaten 2/3 of the bag. I will purchase them again.
11. Definitely good. Not as greasy as the other flavors of chips I have eaten here.
12. That is a winner.
13. There you have it. I give my whole hearted endorsement to seaweed flavored potato chips.
14. Sorry, I expected them to be disgusting and I would be able to write that they smelled like toe jam or something equally detestable and tasted like mayonnaise that has been setting in the sun for a few days.
Back now to waiting on my supper to cook. I got a package in the mail today. It had good ole pinto beans in it. They are cooking now. I am going to prepare some cornbread to go with them as I have a mix here that I have been hoarding for such an occasion.
? of the day, for the sake of conversation. What is for supper?
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes, Good southern food. -Ann
Yeah! So glad you got your package, I hope it cheered you up.
I'll tell Mrs. Highfield you were cooking your pintoes, she will be tickled.
Last night was Sun. You know that's everybody for themselves....
Steve scrambled eggs, Heather left-over pizza and I had left-over roast, but you've made me hungry for pintoes. MOM
6" SUBWAY sandwich but the pintos sounds good to me too. :-) Toby
ahhhh, pinto beans ... I had to leave mine in the states. Not enought room in the suitcases (I know, I know, pack less).
Dinner wish: Anything good.
Actual dinner: Honey Nut Cheerios and Orange Juice.
Lovely.
Post a Comment