First, a little explanation on yesterday’s blog. After language class I was fortunate enough to be the first foreign stooge that the college administration saw and was asked to give a speech at a ceremony today dealing with some type of grant for the foreign studies department. At least that is what I think it was about. My instructions were, “None of the people we are supposed to impress speak English so just say what you want.” With those instructions I set out to add writing a speech to an already crowded schedule for the day. It was write a speech or blog so I just posted my speech for the blog.
During one of my tasks yesterday I was walking through town and heard this car honking its horn repeatedly. As I got closer I saw that the car was covered in flowers and the driver was wearing a tux. These two signs suggested he had just gotten married on a lovely Tuesday evening. There was no one in the passenger’s seat though. Just as I got to the vehicle the bride came out of an adjacent building yelling at her groom (presumably for continually honking the horn). She stood their glaring at her new husband with her hands on her hips, yelled some more, spit, and then climbed into the car. All of this while still decked out in her fancy wedding duds. Where else can one see a woman wearing a wedding dress yelling and spitting.
I gave my speech this morning and the crowd applauded as if they understood every word.
? of the day for a round of applause, what do you hate the most about listening to speeches?
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
You asked,so here goes... I'm a very conservative person and I hate to hear someone putting down my beliefs and my views simply because I do not have their liberal views. I'm not a radical, but according to a Good Book I read, I'm sure I'm right. You don't have to post this if you don't want too. MOM
The thing I hate the most about listening to speeches is when the speaker drags it out and goes on and on and on. Say what you want to say, make your point and sit down.
Malinda
You go Mom! I feel the same way - sounds like something CNN would do. Maybe FoxNews can teach them a lesson. :-) Heath, I enjoyed your speech - it wasn't boring at all - it actually made me think. :-) Thanks! Toby
The thing I hate most is that a speech is usually only a one-way talking "at" instead of a back-and-forth conversation. I much prefer to be able to debate what the person is saying. Lifting you up today and asking for many more opps to share your thoughts with your new friends!
Post a Comment