Imagine if you will the joy that would come from arriving at work on a Friday morning and being greeted by your boss who tells you that Monday is national whatchamacallit day and work was cancelled for Monday. That is what I experienced this morning just before stepping into the school building.
My Monday teacher told me to enjoy my three day weekend and that he would see me Tuesday. I had no idea that Monday was a holiday but whatever we are celebrating, count me in. I think I will celebrate by sleeping until 7:00 a.m. I bet they will not turn on the infernal morning exercise.
I am ready for a day of solitude. Maybe I can do some more home improvement projects.
? of the day for a cardboard party hat, what is the strangest reason for which you have missed a day of work or school?
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I actually missed senior skip day b/c my car broke down less than a mile from my house. I had to push it out of the road and walk back home. We were going to go to the lake that day, maybe God was watching over me and really didnt want me going b/c he knew what would be going on there.
Malinda
This is awful, but one of my professors in college had a series of guest speakers. One particular day our scheduled speaker was a gentleman I had listened to the day before in a chapel service. Long story, but this guy was totally off the wall. I realized he was speaking to our class, gathered my things and walked out. I went to the mall instead.
In answer to the previous blog question - I can happily say that I have not yet joined the "I washed my cell phone" club. I did wash $100 cash once. People like to point out that money laundering is illegal...shhh!
Post a Comment