I made a disturbing discovery this morning. I knew I was getting low, I just did not realize how low. I am down to my last package of grits. I love the food here for the most part, but I find local breakfast highly objectionable and grits have been my breakfast of choice for quite a while now. There are supposed to be reinforcements on the way. I hope they arrive soon.
When one has a limited supply of a food there are three schools of thought about how to handle the situation. One school of thought is to hoard and only eat on special occasions. A second is to pace oneself. Third is to gorge. I have employed all there. I hoard butter and cheese. They keep well in the freezer and I only use them on special occasions like I need a grilled cheese sandwich day (the 1st and 15th of every month). With the grits I employed the second school of thought. Slow and steady kept the supply going for a good while. I just employed school of thought three last week as I received a package containing laffy taffy (Thanks J.G.). I ate the first one and before I knew it there were none left.
? of the day for eyes all over the world rolling, do you have a joke that belongs on a laffy taffy wrapper?
Why are Saturday and Sunday the strongest days? The rest are weekdays.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I had to do some catching up on the past blogs. Great speech. Very encouraging (and challenging)
I'm still laughing about the bride yelling at her new husband.
Sorry, can't think of a Laffy Taffy joke at the moment. (But I am rolling my eyes at the weekday one.) :)
seriously, gorging all the way. i'm not even going to bother to ask for food from home. it'll be gone in the first day.
What goes tick-tick, woof-woof??
A watchdog
Ha! Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment