What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 17, 2009

After Extensive Testing...











After extensive testing I think I have successfully completed the chicken waterer project that I have been working on for several weeks now. Through much trial and error and scavenging of hose, t’s, silicon, and a plastic jug along with importing the actual waterer piece, a cheap, reproducible, and easy watering system has been developed.
Finding all the parts was the first problem. The plastic t’s were especially illusive. I looked all over town and came up empty. One day on a different search, I looked down and in a bucket of assorted parts there were 5 t’s most of which were the wrong size but I managed to find one that was the correct size and ask if they had more. Sure enough in the back there were more.
Stopping leaks was the second problem. In the States it would have been as simple as purchasing the correct size clamps for all the collections, but here one must improvise. Several attempts at improvisation failed but finally applying a generous amount of silicon to the t’s before attaching the hose was the correct recipe.

What I thought would be the most difficult part turned out to be fairly easy. I thought attaching the water supply would be a problem, but an old orange drink bottle with a hole punched in the cap and enlarged with needle nose pliers worked perfectly without leaking. I applied silicone anyway just in case.

The picture of the blue bottle with the hose attached is the plumbing tool from yesterday.

? of the day for a leftover plastic t, what do you need invented to make your life easier?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Memories, memories...All that hard labor you did in the chicken houses is now being very useful.
You just never know. As for an invention I need, an automatic catcher for a 3 year old would be nice. Sometimes 1,2,3 doesn't work too well. MOM

Anonymous said...

I want a locate button on my T.V. to help find the remote,(you know, like the one on the phone?) when it is lost. I'm surprised someone hasn't invented one.
Malinda

Toby and Beverly said...

Right up my alley - don't forget I sell this stuff every day! :-) Are those J-lock drinker nipples? Can you get hard plastic or PVC pipe where you are, if so I can source you some drinker nipples to screw in and you can assemble there. Drop me an e-mail and we can talk it over. Looks like a great makeshift drinker line. Way to go! I want to see it in use. :-) Toby