I know I have told you about finding wheat bread. Since locating it, I have made many trips to that bakery and the workers there know me now. On my last trip I was browsing for some sweets to go with my usual purchase. When I picked out what I wanted one of the employees went over to the wheat bread and picked me out a loaf and met me at the counter rather than the usual routine of get a treat set it on the counter go get bread. I may be their most loyal customer. I appreciate the quality service, but now they have gone above and beyond.
I was out this afternoon making a delivery and a friend pointed to a newly installed sign on a store that has been in the process of remodeling for a week or so. It is my bakery, and it is a mere five minute walk from my home, about 20 steps from my mailbox, and between my two favorite restaurants. The old location is roughly a 20 minute walk uphill both ways and in a location I do not routinely go. I knew the first time I purchased from this bakery that it was the best in town and it looks like others agree. At the rate remodeling goes here the new location should be in business by the time I need another loaf of wheat bread.
What a great surprise.
? of the day for a high quality baked good, what is the most excited you have ever gotten over the opening of a new business in your area?
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
$ Generals in Addison and Arley!!
Saves numerous trips to either Cullman or Jasper. MOM
It's kinda sad, and only people who live out in the country can understand, but I was pretty happy when Arley got a Dollar General. Now if they could just get a McDonalds, Jacks or Burger King.
I was excited about Cullman getting a Ruby Tuesday, so excited I went to work there, lol.
Glenda, they are building a dollar general in Crane Hill now too. It is on 222 past the post office.
Malinda
The whole Rocky Mountain region was rabid with excitement when Krispy Kreme opened in Denver. People camped out for the grand opening. I waited a few weeks to go while the hype quietened down a bit, but I was excited for sure!
How very thoughtful of your baker to move next door! Lifting you and your beloved wheat bread up daily!
The Starbucks by Jesse's dyslexia clinic.
Post a Comment