As my 100th day in Asia approaches it is time once again for a best of blog. In case you have not been keeping up, here’s what you’ve missed in the last 50 days.
-I rode in a van with an old lady stuffed in the trunk.
- Acquired a cheering section at a local restaurant
-Did some home improvement projects
- Watched as clothes flew all over campus during some serious wind
-Watched a parade of old ladies in green sweat suits and red hats
- Started classes
-Got me a cigarette
-Ate black chicken
-Got a key to my classroom
-Bought and almost gagged on a shiny coconut
-Was awakened by a singing card at 4:33 a.m.
-Received a video of friend dancing to singing card
-Rationed deodorant
-Ate BBQ
-Taught a friend to drive a stick shift
-Taught some blog readers a few words in my new language
-Gave my phone number to too many people
-Did some more home improvement projects
-Contemplated cutting speaker wires
-Started teaching English to some nursing students
-Disappointed a recycler
-Helped give an infant shots
-Planted some corn
-Purchased a parasol
-Photographed some water buffalo in the street
-Played an April Fools joke
-Washed my passport
-Had a 3 day weekend
-Considered tossing my cell phone in the river
? of the day for 1,200 hours of non-stop adventure, what is the most fun thing you have done in the last 50 days?
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
Reading your blogs! I lead a very exciting life....MOM
Reading your blogs of course...and a long over due lunch w/hours of conversation with my best friend.
paint ball, and your blogs.
I haven't done any "really exciting" things in the past 50 days so...Better yet - what are your top "want to do's"??? Mine are...
Scuba diving.
Sky diving.
More traveling - especially when Bev and I are retired.
Renewing our marriage vows (Bev and I) just so we can have water buffalos and Asian ladies in bright colored clothes in our ceremony - LOL!
Heath, do you have any "want to do's" especially since you are a world traveler??? Maybe a future blog topic. LOL! Enjoy! Toby
Wow! Maybe you should give our president some pointers. You've done a lot more good in your 100 days than he has!
My most exciting thing in last 50 days was leading a conference for 700 teenage girls. Will be lifting you up for the next 100 days!
I wouldn't exactly call it fun, but last week my neighbeors 2 year old little girl managed to get out of the house about 6 o'clock in the evening without her parents knowing. It was raining like crazy and I just happened to open my back door to see if the hard rain was causing what I thought had been an animal digging by my house. Imagine my surprise when I saw the little tot walking down the road, surrounded by their 3 large dogs, crying for her parents. Grabbed some shoes and went out and got her, thankfully her large dogs know me so I did not get attacked. Delivered her back to her dad who looked like he was about to pass out (He had discovered she was missing) Quite the adrenaline rush.
Heather
Funnest thing? Snorkeling near Phuket and PhiPhi Island. Holding bread under water and having hundreds of fish eat it out of my hand (and nibble my hands and arms whenever they miss).
Post a Comment