What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 8, 2009

My War Eagle Moment


For those of you who do not know, it is said that one cannot say," War Eagle" (The Auburn Battle Cry) anywhere in the world without having it returned. Almost two years ago I got to return a War Eagle in Guatemala. Now I am in Asia in a small town with only a handful of foreigners, and it took me all of 48 hours to run into a fellow Auburn graduate.
I have given it my best shot and I cannot disprove the saying. I joked with a few people about wondering if I would actually get my War Eagle returned here and if I did I would definitely have a War Eagle moment worthy of submission. Friends, it will be a while, but once I am able to properly type this one up and submit it to the proper channels, you should be seeing my War Eagle moment on commercials during Auburn sporting events.
It indeed is a small world. We know some of the same people and even lived in Auburn at the same time. It may have been a tough season on the football field but take that Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and any other university who would dare proclaim itself equal to or even superior to Auburn. I have not met any of your grads yet nor do I expect to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

War Eagle!
I thought it was something when I had a War Eagle moment in Tennessee!!

Anonymous said...

Roll Tide!

Anonymous said...

We Bama fans aren't so bad either!