Call me HeTa (as that is about as close as anyone around here gets to saying my name). Some months ago – never mind how long precisely – having little or no money in my wallet, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would fly about a little and see the other side of the world.
This journey has taken me to a far away land and produced many an adventure along the way. Of all the adventures though there is one adversary this traveler has yet to conquer and it has become his obsession. He must conquer the White Whale. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!
The White Whale has several buttons of which Heta only knows what a few are for. The White Whale also has a propensity for tangling laundry into various and sundry knots that take an inordinate amount of time to untangle.
Heta has only completed one load of laundry on the first try and that load was knotted into one giant ball of wet clothing. In the video Heta will attempt voyage number 4. Will he harpoon the White Whale? Play the video and see.
Time for more audience participation: For 3 points and the satisfaction of a job well done. Name the book and author spoofed in this blog.







4 comments:
I'm not sure which I'm more impressed with:
You kept the Moby Dick jargon up throughout the blog
or
You did an entire load of laundry southpaw.
Your talents cease to amaze, HeTa.
"Call me Ishmael" Moby Dick by Herman Melville. Great book.
Your pants tangle just like the pants I wash do, and I have been washing men's pants for 35 years. Long sleve western shirts are really bad. Suggestions: You could raise the water level, you could mix up the clothes types, you could send out or do as I have come to do, just untangle and do the next load. Enjoying your blog.
Vicissitude's mom
I believe the refernce is actuallly to Capt. Ahab in Moby Dick. He was the one who sought the whale.
Of course I could be wrong. The extend of culture for me resides largely in entertainment from the Muppet Show and Jerry Reed songs.
I think instead of calling you Heta......we should call you Survivor man, after that self filmed documentary.
Post a Comment