Culture- The sum total of ways of living built up by a group of human beings and transmitted from one generation to another.
Nerd- an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious. An intelligent but single-minded expert in a particular technical field or profession.
I think I am a cultural nerd. Why do I think this? Well I find myself trying to prepare for all of the scenarios that people tell you may present themselves. Example: I purchased a fish for supper. After eating all the usual parts, I dissected the head and ate what I could of it. You see, around here the head of a fish is presented to guests as a matter of honor. I just thought I might as well prepare just in case. There is not much to eat on a fish head. Perhaps if it were cooked differently one could perhaps eat an eyeball, but eyeballs in mine were cooked beyond recognition.
I also purchased a roasted duck with the head still attached. Well it was still attached until the lady could not fit it in the bag. She took out the meat cleaver and just like in the final scene of “A Christmas Story” off with its head.
Most people around here that I tell this stuff to think I am crazy and perhaps that is the case, but I would rather practice within the privacy of my own home than have my debut performance of tasting something that can taste me in front of a live audience.
People do strange things here. I am a person. I might as well join the fun.
Today’s trivia for a jovial pat on the back: What reason did the dad in “A Christmas Story” give to the chef at the restaurant that caused him to cut the head of the “Chinese Turkey”?







4 comments:
He didn't want it looking at them?
it was smiling at them!
Its smiling at me.
Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra......Ra Ra Ra RA
Post a Comment