If you have been following this blog since January, you may remember my failed attempt to climb the mountain that is outside my bedroom window. I said then that I would try again soon and report back on my progress.
I made my second attempt today. I am now roughly 15 lbs lighter than my first attempt and accustomed to the thinner air at this elevation. I went with a group of students and though I am around 10-12 years older than most of them, I made it in as good or better condition than most. I was a little concerned that I would be too sore to climb this morning since I played basketball for the first time in years yesterday.
Speaking of basketball, I can now officially confirm that being the tallest guy on the court is a huge advantage. I am not sure I have ever been that person before. I did not score much, but I had about 50 rebounds and 20 blocked shots.
In unrelated news, watching Braveheart in my new language with English subtitles is surprisingly fun.
? of the day for a view from the top, what physical activity made you the most sore you have ever been?
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Dynamic lunges in practice my first year of track. I thought I would never enjoy walking again.
Playing a game of soccer for the first time ever when I was 25...I ran and kicked so much that I couldn't walk the next day...
I think the sorest I have ever been is when I put down some tile flooring. I thought I was going to die, and then I was afraid I wasn't going too and would have to keep suffering. There are some things old people are not suppose to do.
Congratulation on your climb and on being the star basketball player, Robert will be so proud of you! MOM
Reeling in my blue marlin. I had muscles hurting I didn't even know I had!!! Congrats on your mountain top experience. Lifting you & your sore muscles up today!
I recently got a local friend to give me his punching bag that he wasn't using. It know sits in my living room. I never knew I had so much angry, or so many muscles that could be sore afterward.
Post a Comment