What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 29, 2009

A Bug's Life


I get asked from time to time about whether or not I have had to deal with roaches. To this point the only roaches I have seen in my building have been dead roaches. I did however see this thing in the stairway this week. I am not sure what kind of bug it is, but it looks pretty impressive.

? of the day for a giant bug, what would you do if you found this bug in your house?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run screaming like a girl, which is ok since I am one! (An old one)

MOM

Anonymous said...

Step on it of course -- after the invasion of the Brown Recluses I have no fear of bugs.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Scream, stomp on it and then run call the exterminator!!!

Karen said...

Scream!...and have nightmares...

Anonymous said...

Do what you did, take a picture and post it. Visicitudes Mom

Anonymous said...

That bug looks scary. I think I would have to yell for Phil to come and take care of it. Of course I would have to watch where it goes so that I could tell him where to find it when he arrived!

Bobbie

Anonymous said...

I would scream at first, just because it looks scary, and then, if it didn't fly or crawl really fast, I would probably follow it around or poke it or something. I would also take a picture, for identification purposes, of course, and then I would attempt to catch it, name it, and set it free.... far, far, far away from my bed and/or kitchen. It would be a tearful send off, since I know we would have bonded those few miles we walked together.

I was that kid that caught bugs in jars for my mom. She did not like my idea of 'pets'.

Sarah M.

Anonymous said...

If it was still I would take a picture of it first, then I would find something like a garbage can, or bowl, that I could cover it with til Hubby got home to take care of it.
Malinda

Anonymous said...

Show it to my daughter, Emilee, who would want to play with it. --J

Amanda Davis said...

I am ashamed to admit that it has been a few months since I've read your blog. But over the past two days (when I'm not running around after my 1 year old) I have been catching up. I also haven't felt the need to comment since these posts are not recent. However, I must comment on this. I would flat line right there beside the bug. It is probably harmless and would be lying next to my dead body when someone arrived. But I do not handle critters well, to say the least.