A month or so ago I made a big pot of rice. It was far more than I needed and I ended up placing the leftovers in the refrigerator. Yesterday as I was giving my apartment a post Salmonella scouring I cleaned out the frige. The rice had grown a healthy coat of hair. I would have to say that it was the most impressive mold that I have ever grown in this or any other frige. I dumped and disposed of the rice and washed the pan thoroughly.
This morning I filled the pan with water and placed some dried beans in it to soak. I left the apartment to do some assorted errands and upon my return I discovered a floor full of water. I dumped my beans into another pan and checked to see what had happened. Apparently the mold ate a hole in my pan. It was not a large hole, but it is there and my pan has been rendered useless at least for cooking.
? of the day for a fungus among us, any ideas for how to use a pan with a hole in it.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
A flower pot?
MOM
A strainer comes to mind... I mean isn't that what it is in the first place? A pot with holes? So in case you need to strain/drain something, like pasta or whatever, you now have a self-made strainer. Good thinking!
Maybe you could use the pan for a drop waterer for something (maybe a house plant or your corn crops). LOL! As far as fungus goes...I know it will eat flesh in your sinus cavity. After 2 surgeries I'm pretty familiar with it. :-) Yuk! Toby
Post a Comment