Over the weekend I sat down to blog and realized that I did not have much to write about and since the country where I now reside has censored a ton of websites lately, I have had a difficult time accessing my blog page. This morning I acquired a story that must be told regardless of how difficult it is to post lately.
It was raining a little bit so I caught a cab to take me to the place where I catch a van out of town. On the way I looked out the window to my right and walking up the hill on the sidewalk was a man who was wearing a jacket, shoes, and nothing else but a smile. The jacket and shoes could not have been worn less strategically I might add. I have no idea why he was doing this, how he managed not to get arrested, or if he found himself some clothing. All I can say for sure is that just when I thought I could no longer be surprised, SURPRISE.
(Reporter):Hello, everyone, this is your action news reporter with all the news that is news across the nation, on the scene at the supermarket. There seems to have been some disturbance here. Pardon me, sir, did you see what happened?
(Witness):Yeah, I did. I's standin' overe there by the tomaters, and here he come, running through the pole beans, through the fruits and vegetables,nekkid as a jay bird. And I hollered over t' Ethel, I said, "Don'tlook, Ethel!" But it's too late, she'd already been incensed.
(Chorus)Here he comes, look at that, look at that There he goes, look at that, look at that And he ain't wearin' no clothes Oh, yes, they call him the Streak Look at that, look at that Fastest thing on two feet Look at that, look at that He's just as proud as he can be Of his anatomy He goin' give us a peek Oh, yes, they call him the Streak Look at that, look at that He likes to show off his physique Look at that, look at that If there's an audience to be found He'll be streakin' around Invitin' public critique
? of the day for some song lyrics, what is your favorite Ray Stevens song? The Streak is now ruined for me.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
I love Ray Stevens! I guess my favorite is "Everything is Beautiful"...in its own way, you made me want to sing.
Glad to hear from you, it's been awhile.
MOM
It is a close race between Mississippi Squirrel Revival and Sittin' Up With the Dead. Ray Stevens' videos are hilarious. My brother and I watched them a lot at my great-grandmother's house.
No doubt the Streak is a tie with The Day the Squirrel went Bezerk. I would probably have to go with the Streak though as I was pregnant with my first son when the song came out and we called him 'our little streaker' Visisitude's Mom
I like when the squirrel went to church. Glad to hear from you. Usually when it's been awhile you're either sick or traveling. So glad it wasn't the former! Lifting you up today. May you continually be surprised (but in a good way!) :)
LOL!! I am continually amazed at your adventures. As for the question I would have to say "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" or one I just discovered - "Smoky Mountain Retreat."
Shrinners or Santa Clause is watching you! He's everywhere.
have been off blogger for a while, but saw the headline and *knew* where it was headed... priceless! don't forget to include the sound effects when you sing it...
Post a Comment