What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lean Cuisine

I have just retuned from a short trip. I traveled with some locals and along the way we stopped at many different places and ate the foods that the area is famous for along with some other items just for amusements sake.

Item 1. I call this, the fish of 10,000 bones. It tasted pretty good on the extremely rare occasion that one could get a bite without bones. I am not sure why a fish needs that many bones.

Item 2. Fermented eggs. I have nothing positive to say about this except that it did not taste as bad as it looked. There had to be a bet involved in the first time one of these things was consumed.

Item 3. Water Buffalo cheese. It was good.

Item 4. Water Buffalo Milk. Way too rich almost the consistency of motor oil.

Item 5. Some sort of Lake Varmint. Pretty good, but was so spicy it was hard to tell.

Item 6. Some sort of herb that looks like a potato. I took a piece out of the bowl and ate it before my local friends could stop me. They laughed and laughed that anyone would eat it as it is only for flavoring. Honestly it was the best of the items on the list.

? of the day, for a meal ordered by a local with a sense of humor, do you know the key ingredient involved in fermenting eggs?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the key ingredient? The egg maybe? and time?
Malinda

Anonymous said...

mud?
josh