What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Say Cheese

Recently, a do gooder type journalist from another country criticized the government of the country that I live in for having some of the most dangerous roads in the world. I am told that the article (which I have not read for myself) went on and on about the perils of driving on these dangerous roads and called for action. Outrage from the international community demanded that something must be done for the protection of the people here.

I am in complete agreement that many of the roads here are dangerous, but do gooder journalist need to be more specific when calling for action. I am just guessing here, but I am imaging our journalist friend has no idea what conditions are really like here and his idea of road safety is probably a citified line of thinking. In reality, most of the road danger in my area anyway comes from the fact that all roads are mountain roads and have no guard rails.

Pressure from do gooder journalists and well meaning international city slickers has definitely caused action to be taken. There are now cameras everywhere along the roads to take your picture and send you a ticket if you are speeding. If you are ever here and drive off the side of a mountain, remember to smile as you plummet to your inevitable demise because there is probably a camera positioned to take your last photo and send your next of kin a ticket if you were speeding.

? of the day for a surprise ticket in the mail, how many tickets would you get a day if cameras were placed on your way to work?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness Heath. If there were camaras on my way to work, I would probably get a ticket for every camara. I have a lead foot.
Malinda

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I would probably get quite a few because I am usually driving at least five miles over the speed limit(I am always in a hurry), I might go under a few yellow lights, and everyone knows I follow other cars too closely.

Anonymous said...

Since I only go about a 1/4 of a mile, maybe none, but then there is that really bad curve...maybe I get over a little sometimes.
By the way it has been so long since we have had a blog I've almost forgotten how to reply!

MOM
I understand you're busy.

Anonymous said...

As I reread this blog a very important question came to my mind...How in the world do you manage to navigate these mountain roads with no rails? This is from a person who fully understands your fear of heights. I shake in fear to even stand close to the edge of mountain roads even with rails! SOMEONE must be helping you!
MOM (again)

Anonymous said...

Well - my ticket would not come on my way to work. I am usually in no hurry to get there. My ticket would come in the afternoon when I am on my way home - just can't seem to get there fast enough!!! Good to see some blogs again!!

Anonymous said...

As I read this I thought of my 7 hour trip into and out of California. I know that there were cameras everywhere and I scooted through at least 3 yellow lights. I have been expecting several traffic tickets from California all week. too funny. Vissitudes Mom

Anonymous said...

depends if the camera gives you 5 miles over. Josh