I guess I have become immune to strangeness around here because the two strangest moments I have experienced in the last two weeks have involved commercials during Auburn games.
I watched Auburn and Miss.St. on ESPN360. During the commercial breaks they kept showing this 2 minute commercial about Dreams and Nightmares. The first time I saw it I was left thinking what in the world was that about. The second time, I was left saying that was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Basically, it is a two minute commercial encouraging us to watch an 8 minute commercial about how dreams and nightmares play a part in the production of Honda vehicles. I must admit that I looked up the sight and watched it. Not because I was impressed, it was more like watching a NASCAR wreck. 8 minutes later I am dumbfounded. I am certain I have lost brain cells from watching that nonsense. My I.Q. has dropped at least 10 points.
On the plus side, I am now equipped with a fantastic quote from the commercial. "It speaks to the place behind our heads that is really us." What is that supposed to even mean. It is time someone spoke out against this type of video producing pin head who rambles on incoherently about non-sense leaving some brain dead CEO impressed enough to fund his or her babelings while the rest of us are subjected to painfully awful commercials while we watch our favorite teams.
Does Honda really think this garbage will sell more cars? Do they really feel that the Auburn Miss.St. audience is their target demographic with this swill?
For those of you with insomnia or a strong sense of self loathing you can find the full length commercial online, but I will not provide the link.
If the makers of that commercial want to subject the rest of the world to there hyperbole they should get a blog like the rest of us.
? of the day for two minutes of your life back, how is that place behind your head that is really you?
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I don't even understand that question. But on the the commerical thing, Rick and Bubba had stated that with the economy being the way it is we would start hearing more weird, strange, stupid, commericials, because there are less companys that can afford commericials, so the stations can't be as selective about what they accept to air.
Malinda
Post a Comment