Those who are serious about grilling know that choosing a quality wood to burn is one of the most important choices one can make to insure a quality end product. Some of the most popular choices in the U.S. are Mesquite, Hickory, and Apple wood. These three types of wood can be obtained almost anywhere.
Here finding a quality wood for grilling is much more of a challenge especially in rainy season. I have engineered myself a grill and have grilled several times. Some of the woods that I have used are: Hammer handle, curtain rod, rolling pin, chop sticks, and plain cardboard box. So far, I can conclude that hammer handle gives a superior flavor to the food, but rolling pin burns longer and hotter. Chop sticks work well, but are too expensive unless you keep the freebies from take out. Cardboard box is the least expensive, but burns far to fast for cooking anything more substantial than a hotdog. Curtain rod may be the best all around choice as it was free, burned adequately, gave a good flavor, but alas I found it abandoned in the hallway and I do not know where to get another one.
? of the day for a barbecue sandwich cooked over rolling pins, has anyone ever cooked with broken coffee table?
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
You never cease to amaze me! I would try to help you out but all my curtain rods are of the metal type and I can't part with my rolling pin because I never know when I might need to use it on your Dad's head.
WAR EAGLE!!!!MOM
I was walking thru Walmart yesterday, saw a rolling pin and started laughing. I couldn't help but think of you. Hope you are having a blessed week.
Malinda
Post a Comment