What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fort Night

Fort deposit was not the only Fort I became acquainted with in my trip to the boonies. Our sleeping quarters were also very Fort like. It had a roof, concrete block walls, concrete floor, and inhabitants. The inhabitants were varmints of the gopher rat variety. I can not say for sure how many there were, but there were more than a few and they were not happy about sharing their home.

While the rats running all over the place presented an enormous problem in getting to sleep, they were not alone in insuring that I would get little to no sleep. We attempted to go to sleep around 10:30. The timeline of reasons I got no sleep are as follows.

10:30-11:45 Lady yelling at someone or something.
11:45-1:00 dogs barking non stop
1:00-3:00 something chasing a cow wearing a cow bell around Fort Night
3:10 a rat fight above my head which caused dust, dirt, and rat hair to fall on my back
3:42 roosters, lots of roosters, loud roosters begin crowing.

Needless to say it was a long night.

? of the day for a comfortable concrete slab to sleep on, what keeps you awake at night?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aches, pains, unsettled mind...(such trivial reasons) you make me thakful for the comforts of home. No wonder you sounded exhausted when I talked to you! MOM

Anonymous said...

my 4 year old pushed up against me with his knees in my back keeps me awake at night. I wish I could get him out of my bed.
Malinda

Anonymous said...

Crickets in the room are sufficient. I once flooded a portion of my hotel room trying to flush a cricket out so I could sleep. --J

Amanda Davis said...

I seem to remember someone telling me once, that it was a perfect day to find a warm slab of concrete and take a nap. Did you ever really think you would have to try it?

Anonymous said...

Drunk Germans singing "Highway to Hell" and "I'm Blue" at all hours of the early morning. At least they don't get their hair on my back.

-AKH