What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 26, 2010

I Could Have Been A Movie Star

Saturday night at a birthday party that most all of the foreigners in town were attending, someone's phone rang and then there was a general announcement that if anyone wanted to be in a movie, that CCTV was looking for foreigners for their film. I did not and thought nothing else of it. Later that night I got a call wanting me to be in the film. Once again, I did not want to participate. Sunday morning I get another call. Still, I did not want to be a star. Sunday evening I get yet another call. I once and for all passed on the opportunity to be immortalized on film.

Perhaps I have missed my 15 minutes of fame, but it is more likely that I have passed on my 60 minutes of shame.

In unrelated news, if you have been reading this blog since the beginning, you know that the quest for good bread is an ongoing one. Today I found some whole grain bread. It is delicious but alas, it is almost sliced bread.

? of the day for an unused 15 minutes of fame, what is the closest you have come to being famous?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss Southern Union & the Miss Alabama Pageant.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for my 15 minutes of fame. The other night when it was so stormy, Robert, Amber and the girls came up here. Amber said she put her make-up on in case she had to be interviewed on TV, but said I looked neater so they could interview me. Thankfully neither of us got to use that as our 15 minutes...Your sister is goofy!!!MOM