What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 12, 2010

If You Want To Eat Like A Villager You Gotta Shop Like A Villager

Undeterred by my previous failure to eat for one dollar a day, I have once again embarked on the quest. Armed with the knowledge that only colossal failure can provide, this time I am confident I can make it.

I just returned from the market and have much more food than last time. A stroll down the isle of nutritious foods for people without teeth provided two fantastic finds. One is corn mush which is pretty close to grits. For about 30 cents, I have breakfast covered for the week. I also found some type of dried pea. Again, for 30 cents I have a side dish for 7 meals.
I bought pork this time instead of chicken and have much more for my money. I bought a cabbage, 3 carrots, 7 potatoes, rice, noodles, 7 eggs, green onions, 3 oranges, 4 bananas, 21 shoots of asparagus,1 bag of sunflower seeds, and some cilantro.

? of the day for some quality food you do not need teeth to eat, do you eat your grits with salt or sugar?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sugar and butter. And now thanks to you I want some :) Guess that will be my b'fast this morning.
Malinda

Anonymous said...

Salt, definitely salt

Heather

Karen said...

I know it may call my Southern status into question (I promise, I was born and raised here), but I can't stand grits...at all...they are too, um, gritty?

Anonymous said...

sugar, Jpsh

Dollmaker extraordinaire said...

Salt, definately.

Anonymous said...

SALT...But we can not convince your brother-in-law of that. Don't know about him! MOM

Anonymous said...

NO GRITS! There are better things to do with corn - like on the cob! :-) Toby