What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 19, 2010

Laziness Is a Greater Obstacle Than Hunger

I have plenty of food left from my dollar a day purchases, but I had to get up earlier than usual to go make cheese. I was too lazy to get up early enough to cook breakfast so I ate granola bars. I was also to lazy to prepare lunch to go, so I ate with friends. When I got back to town this evening I was too lazy to cook, so I bought my dinner.

I did not make it seven days only because I was too lazy to make it. I still have 2 eggs, half a bag of "grits", roughly half a carrot, a small piece of pork, a cup or so of uncooked rice, a few noodles, 1 potato, and a cup or so of broth.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, in a cheese making anomaly, the national that I am training to make cheese steadfastly refuses to try eating any of the finished product. We have been keeping a few samples of cheese in various containers in the refrigerator to determine shelf life. As we were checking the samples today, there was one container that we were unsure of. The national who steadfastly refuses to eat cheese sticks a fork into the questionable ricotta pulls out a hunk and sticks it to her tongue. So many questions.

In related cheese news. Some marketing research done recently in this area reveals there is no market for selling cheese in the deaf community. Their response was, "Why would we eat that stuff. It will make us fat and constipated." Remind me to ask what the sign for constipated is.

? of the day for some ricotta that is past its prime, what is the worst thing you have ever tasted intentionally?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

english peas. YUCK!

Anonymous said...

I think it was called Star Shrimp. I am convinced it was rotten. I made Debbie taste of it and she spit it out! MOM

Anonymous said...

The escargo we at Steak & Ale in Kansas City at the National FFA convention. Garlic leather is how I would describe it. LOL! Toby