Saturday, May 15, 2010
Lets Talk About Boogers
In a recent trip that turned into a multi-city tour because of massive road construction, I was fortunate enough to travel one road that did not have one square inch of pavement over roughly a 40 kilometer stretch. Interestingly enough, rainy season has not yet come to this stretch of what can best be described as the last remaining whisper of a rumor about where a highway might once have been. 19 hours later my nose was filled with goblins that can not be described with mere words, but here is a song that might bring some of the appropriate thoughts to mind.
Lets talk about road construction:
For a large portion of this trip, I spent more time above my seat than in it. In order for this road to have been worse, the construction crew would have had to intentionally dig deeper holes and throw larger bolders into the road. The video does not really tell the story but it helps.
Lets talk about obstacles in the road. Again the video does not do justice. After 4 hours of removing the mountain of dirt in the road it was quitting time so they dug a path through the middle to make it passable.
? of the day for an lesson in manners, when is it acceptable to pick in public?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










6 comments:
To breathe or not to breathe..that is the question. MOM
Another comment/question...Did it make you sick riding on these roads? MOM
It'SNOT!!!!
Umm, thanks for the song. I think I'll use it for a wedding song!!! You and I can dance to it! And no, we're not engaged, yet.
This song is gross.
Ok, Its never acceptable to pick in public..never. Well, unless you've got something hanging out..then please take care of it. Oh brother...
Secondly, I'm pretty sure I was on that road's twin, although I was at the mercy of a young Swami doing the driving. Question of the day, which is worse..a swami driving or a chinese bus driver?
Whitney
Well, I don't know about pickin except that it seemed much more acceptable there than here. ;)
You are right videos, pictures, you name it, don't do it justice... You know what, I did enjoy hearing you guy's voices lol :)
Post a Comment