What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Andrea Doria

Being a fan of the sitcom Seinfeld, I can't tell you how many time I have been in a conversation and been able to say, "There is a Seinfeld episode about that." Jerry, George, Kramer, and Elaine managed to cover some truly inane life events in their time on the airwaves. Many of which one would think would never happen. In the episode "The Andrea Doria", Elaine is accused of having a big head. Events begin to take place that make her paranoid about the size of her head. The following is one scene from the episode.

[Setting: Central park]

(Elaine passes a man on a bench. All the sudden, a bird flies right into Elaine's head, and falls to the ground. The bird regains it's balance, and flies off. The man on the bench is staring in awe)

MAN 2: He flew right into your head. Like he couldn't avoid it.

ELAINE: (Rubbing her head to relieve the pain) Really?

MAN 2: Never seen that before. Bird into a woman's head..

(Elaine covers her head with her hands, and runs off)

(Scene ends)

Saturday night I am walking down the sidewalk with two friends and all of the sudden a bird flies right into my forehead like he could not avoid it. I was shocked. I could not believe what had just happened. As I walked a few steps further it dawned on me, "There is a Seinfeld episode about that."

? of the day for a giant hat, what is your favorite Seinfeld episode?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The parking garage! No doubt about it. I felt their pain wondering around a massive parking garage looking where I thought my car was. And since I am a Seinfeld fan also, fact: Kramer was actually carrying around a real air conditioner! He didnt want it to look fake.

Bobbie said...

Funny! Wish I could have seen that! I'm not sure that I can pick a favorite episode though. I like the one where Jerry's girlfriend has "man hands" and the one where George wears a wedding ring to attract women and then cant' get it off his hand! Of course the Soup episode, so many to love!

kirk said...

I will not eschew my love for Seinfeld.

Favorite episode is definitely "The Voice" when Jerry breaks up with his girlfriend over using a ridiculous comical voice with his friends. Other highlights: the birth of Kramerica Industries, Ltd.

Anonymous said...

I really don't have a favorite episode, but we have always said the Tyree's have big heads...could this prove it?
MOM

CAB said...

muffin tops...