The purchase of a used car back home has nothing on the high pressure of the toilet paper isle here. The ladies assigned to push their particular brand are nothing if not persistent. I have made some poor choices in the toilet paper department in the past and made up my mind to make an informed and quality purchase this time around.
I have quizzed all of the foreigners in town about the best kind to purchase and every opinion differs. One household claims the stuff in the green packaging is the best, another says purple flowers are the way to go, one said there is no good choice only less bad choices, and finally one says look for bears on the packaging. I have officially tried them all except the bears.
In the store today I thought I might be able to make a decision without the sales ladies bothering me, but as soon as I stopped to look, I was almost immediately joined by a lady who had sprinted from somewhere to help me make up my mind. She was out of breath, but she knew what I needed was the stuff in the blue packaging. There was one thing I was certain of and that was I did not want the stuff in the blue packaging. I fell for that last time. Every package I looked at she pointed out to me how it was not as good as the blue stuff. She even made me compare the weight of the blue stuff to the other brands. ***Public service announcement*** Never purchase toilet paper based on weight.
Ignoring her constant advice I looked over every package and squeezed every brand. I thought about one kind but when I read the packaging, it said in English, "Mild for your Mind." I choose to keep searching as the manufacturers of this brand do not even seem to know on which end it should be used. I finally came to a package with cuddly looking bears and pink flowers. It was the most expensive kind in the store and hoping to get what I pay for made my choice. The sales lady looked at me as if I had kicked her dog, but I proceeded anyway. Keep your fingers crossed that this will be the end of my search for quality t.p.
? of the day for 180 squares per roll, how do you choose your toilet paper?
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Have these stores never heard the age old rule, "Please don't squeeze the Charmin"? We use trial and error method plus price enters into the decision too.
Surely you have a blog to send about your Thanksgiving meal?
How do I choose? I don't. I left my wife do it. :-) --James
I used to only buy the very best and softest because my children lived at home, but now that I live alone, I always go for the cheapest! You think that's why they don't visit often?
The softer the better - none of that generic, industrial quality stuff for my bum. LOL! TP is something I don't skimp on. :-) Hope the bears are good for the job. LOL!
Post a Comment