What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Beginning to Look Nothing Like Christmas

It just does not seem much like Christmas here. The weather is coolish, but there is little else to remind one that it is the Christmas season. I lamented to a friend this morning that if feels a lot like October. In an effort to Christmatize things, I have listened to Christmas music on the internet, but I think the most effective means of Hollidaying it up was when I recomposed the 12 days of Christmas. I debated about whether or not I should share this with the world, but good judgement lost another one so here it goes.
Disclaimer: Apologies to anyone offended by the content of the following song, any copyright holders whose rights I may have infringed, and anyone whose favorite Christmas song I have desecrated. Please forgive me..... it's Christmas.

On the 12 days of Christmas only here you'll see:

12 bums a bumming
11 laowai skyping (Foreigners using Skype)
10 roaches creeping
9 old ladies dancing (Probably more than 9 but.....)
8 doufu stinking (local delicacy referred to as stinky doufu, it smells like feet)
7 Bread vans speeding (the local transportation)
6 shuiniu grazing (Water Buffalo)
5 foods from A Mings (The closest grocery store)
4 sidewalk turds (Left by dogs or small children)
3 pig pens
2 noises from above (probably yelling neighbors)
1 Little kid taking a pee (no explanation needed)

? of the day for a Christmas Carol, do you have a verse from where you live?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

12 mopeds zooming

They are everywhere and seem to think they own the road down here. Almost got one today.

--James

Beautiful Feet in Asia or Elsewhere said...

You know the Christmas song, "Baby it's Cold Outside" well my apt is super cold and on the first floor, so I wrote, "Baby it's Cold Inside." LOL

Beautiful Feet in Asia or Elsewhere said...

You know the Christmas song, "Baby it's Cold Outside" well my apt is super cold and on the first floor, so I wrote, "Baby it's Cold Inside." LOL