Finishing up my purchases for the week, I bought 14 chicken wings and 9 oranges. I figured wings would provide me a little protein and I found a good deal so that settled the meat question. After that I decided to go with volume. Oranges are pretty cheap here and I decided it would be nice to have something to snack on if hunger became a huge problem.
I cooked up 2 potatoes, the pumpkin squash thing, and the chicken wings in the crock pot. I ate half a potato, one eighth of the pumpkin, and 1 cup of cooked rice for supper. The broth, wings, and the rest of the potatoes and pumpkin went into the fridge for later.
Breakfast was soup. I used half a cup of broth along with 2 cups of water, 3 cubes of potato, 3 cubes of pumpkin, a small hand full of cabbage, and one twentieth of a package of noodles.
By lunch time I was pretty hungry. I battered two wings with flour and fried them up. I also added water to the leftover flour from battering the wings and fried up two small dough balls. I am still hungry. I can't wait for supper.
? of the day for my eternal gratitude, any ideas on making food stretch?
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment