What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Boiled Egg Flavored Gelatinous Goo

It had been quite some time since my last meal that made me reconsider whether or not eating is truly a necessity. The streak ended today. I was in a village around lunch time and was served a giant bowl of Boiled Egg flavored gelatinous goo. Thinking that this was likely the best they had, I did my best to choke it all down. I stopped about halfway through the bowl. Quantity wise it would have been about 7 boiled eggs. Did I mention I really don't care for boiled eggs. About 2 minutes after I stopped eating the goo, they brought in rice, pork, spinach, and pickled turnips. I really should have stopped sooner. Kids remember this the next time you have to eat your vegetables before you can go play. If you lived here your mother might say, "Not until you eat your boiled egg flavored gelatinous goo."

? of the day for some leftovers, what is the strangest congealed thing you have ever eaten?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ate some sort of congealed green goo that tasted like pencil eraser, last Easter's golden egg, rice and some sort of strong vodka at a wedding in Indonesia once. It was truly life changing. Lifting you and your taste buds up this afternoon.