What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Proper Paper Product Postulate

I have been wiping my mouth and fingers with kleenex for ten months now with no sign of a real paper towel or napkin in sight aside from the ones I hoard from the two restaurants in town that give you what is a reasonable facsimile. I got fed up with flimsy kleenex and tried dish rags, but I would run out and be with out a rag when I really needed one in the kitchen.

This afternoon I was out looking for a good pumpkin to carve when I came across a bundle of thin paper stuff about a foot wide by two feet in length and flat. I investigated further. It was sheets of paper product very similar to the rough brown hand drying napkins in public restrooms only longer.

I have no idea what they are used for here. Perhaps they are napkins of some sort, but I have never seen them anywhere. Perhaps it is a new product that has just hit the market. I do not know and I do not care. What I do know is that as pear juice was dribbling down my chin a few minutes ago, I reached for one and it worked. It is a simple thing, but life really is better with a proper napkin.

? of the day for quilted quicker picker upper, who is willing to fast from paper towels and napkins for a month? I triple dog dare ya.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ill take that challenge, can we use cloth napkins when eating out?
Josh

Anonymous said...

You would not believe it but I have actually had this discussion with Debbie...even before you have had to go without...How dependent we are on something that our ancestors never had or even heard of, if they even existed. Paper towels and napkins are a luxury I would hate to do without. Congrats on your find! Should have thought to send you some. MOM

Anonymous said...

sounds like you work for the state -- apparently we who work for the state no longer need paper towels/napkins to dry our hands with. Picking the little pieces of toilet paper off your hand after you dry them with it has become a dhr pass time.
Heather

Anonymous said...

We have the same problem in Thailand. Tissues just don't wipe up the grease from fried chicken. --J