What A Wonderful World


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, October 30, 2009

October 31









The foreigners in town are going to get together this afternoon for an afternoon of pumpkin carving and costumes. I did some testing earlier this week to insure that there are some local tools that would be adequate for pumpkin carving and posted the pictures. I call this jack-o-lantern "Ode to Local Agriculture". The carvings are a water buffalo skull, cheese, a pigs face, chicks hatching from eggs (made a few mistakes on this one), and a milk cow. I included 2 pictures of my costume. I will be a used q-tip. The first picture above is a home made pumpkin saw that works better than any tool I have ever used cutting the top out of a pumpkin. It is a jigsaw blade in a clothes pin with duct tape to hold it closed. Those of you who cut up pumpkins for making pies may want to invest in one of these. It works much better than a knife.

Question of the day for pumpkin saw, what was your costume?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heath, You never fail to amaze me. I do good to get a face on a pumpkin to look like a face. That is an awesome carving job! and the costume idea is soooo funny! I don't plan to dress up, couldn't really think of anything good to be.
Malinda

Anonymous said...

Wow!Did you have patterns for your carvings? I am impressed. (Recon how many people will put your saw-blade invention to use.) I made Abby some pumpkin pies the other day. I couldn't find any frozen pumpkin, I recon I had used it all. So I did the unspeakable...I bought a can, actually it was pretty good. She wanted some because since she lost her two front teeth she needed something soft. Another question, how do you see thru the used Q-tip head? MOM

Anonymous said...

Wow simply wow!
Josh

Anonymous said...

Those are great. The girls went as a cat and little red riding hood. After some thought, I went as the big bad wolf....however, it didn't have the right affect if I was standing with little red riding hood. Robert

Anonymous said...

Wow - well first I must say your pumpkin carvings are very impressive. Next let me say while your costume was very imaginative - it is also very nasty!! And I too wonder how you saw anything out of it??
Well - Abby was a cat, Laney was Little Red Riding Hood and Robert was the Big Bad Wolf. He was the big bag wolf dressed like Grandma - he wore a purple gown, a shower cap for a bonnet with a bow to match his gown and a wolf mask - it was pretty funny!!