The latest barrage of website blocking in my country of residence caused me to be denied access to hotspot shield which was the program that I was using to be able to get around the fact that many websites are blocked here and access this blog. When I lost access to hotspotshield, I lost access to facebook, youtube, blogger, and a host of other sites.
I spent most of the first part of the week with little to no contact with the Western Hemisphere, and most of the last part of the week correcting that problem. I have never considered myself a real tech guy, but I am capable of solving the assorted computer problem from time to time as the need arises. This week however was ridiculous. Never have I delved so deep into the unknown. I have read about and altered settings of ports, sockets, hosts, tunnels, gizmos, thingamabobs, whatsits, widgets, portals, blackholes, particle vaporizers, atoms, electrons, protons, encryptions, proxies, urls, and contact lists until I can't see straight.
I now have access to most everything again and with much less difficulty than my previous setup. I am still working on getting facebook back, and the video is not working on skype for some reason but those problems hopefully will soon be rectified. In the game of country blocking websites and Me finding a way around the blocks, I feel I have taken a commanding lead. If however they figure out how to block me now I do plan to wave the white flag of surrender and send my next blog via smoke signal.
? of the day for a book of matches, how many puffs of smoke in the word thingamabobs?
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
4 1/2 puffs of smoke is my guess. Thats as good as any! Sure hope we don't loose the ability to communicate, being able to hear from you makes life a whole lot more bearable. Moms are like that, yeah they are. Is anyone old enough to remember that commercial? The cutest commercial ever...it was about Bayer asprin for kids. MOM
Post a Comment