Sometimes when you sit down to a meal with a bunch of new people you get lucky and the disgusting stuff is too far away from your place to reach and no one really notices that you do not partake of the foul stuff. Other times one is not so lucky.
I just returned from a meal where the highly questionable dishes where spread out evenly. I was lucky enough to be too far from the tofu stuff. I can eat some of the tofu's here, but I really don't enjoy the process. Another corner of the table had some pink shredded something or other which turned out to be okay. It was pickled turnip of some kind as best I could tell.
Right in front of me was "small bird". Small bird is roughly 12 day old chicken embryo fried to a crisp. I have been seeing this around town lately and thought I was recognizing the faint resemblance of a bird. It is really hard to tell, but if you look closely you can see the head, wings and feet. To eat small bird, you just pop the entire thing into your mouth and chew. I was apprehensive yet curious so I gave it a try. Sometimes one gets lucky and the strange dish in front of him turns out to be delicious. Fortunately, today was one of those days. I must say, as strange as it was to think about eating chicken embryo, I will definitely eat it again.
? of the day for a meal to remember, would you rather sit beside the "small bird" or the tofu?
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
tofu...definately tofu....
No doubt 'small bird'.
small bird. Tofu is nasty :P
Post a Comment