Last week my language teacher suggested a goat restaurant for me to try. I ended up trying it out today. I went with two friends who fortunately preferred the stomach and intestine and left the actual meat for me. Our goat was prepared sort of like a stew. This is one of many forms of meat prepared in this way here. I have had Chicken, fish, ox tail, pork, beef, and now goat prepared this way. It is always delicious, but you just never know what you will pull out of the liquid with your chopstick. Until today the scariest thing I have pulled out of the bowl was a chicken head or a piece of cow stomach. Today I pulled out a discernible sphincter. I tried some intestine, some stomach, and even a small piece of liver, but I draw the line at sphincter.
After four giant bowls of goat we called it and evening. I for one consider it a tragedy that I am just now trying goat for the first time. It was perhaps the best thing I have eaten since I have been here, though I really could have done without the surprise, but that is just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions, one out of every 4 bowls of goat stew has one, or something like that?
? of the day for the leftover piece of goat that I refuse to consume, what would your reaction to pulling a goat sphincter out of your bowl of stew have been?
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
VOMIT! How do you some of the things you eat? When you get home our food will too calm and boring for you...no great surprises, but there are some things I refuse to cook! MOM
Ben said never! I think I'd try sphincter spaghetti!!
A what? We don't even know what a sphincter is. You'll have to educate us. --James
Goat is GREAT. Ate allot of it in Jamaica but never the sphincter. Enjoy the adventures of eating - food is fun. LOL! Toby
Post a Comment